- New advanced intelligent wheelchair systems.
- Ways of assisting a disabled person to navigate a powered wheelchair through a doorway
- A new prototype intelligent mobility system to assist powered wheelchair users
- A data fusion algorithm for wheelchair navigation.
- Computer systems and strategies to assist a disabled person with a powered wheelchair.
- Computer assisted wheelchair systems and intelligent mobility systems.
- Navigation systems using short term computer memory.
- New low cost navigation systems for wheelchair user
- A new software algorithm to mix inputs for a tele-operated vehicle
- An integrated system for high level quadriplegicsto mountonto a Fortress 770 Powerbase.
- Ways of using task programming for powered wheelchairs.
- Wall following strategies and systems for powered wheelchairs
- An improvement in real time high level micro computer control of a wheelchair using sensor systems.
As part of the project, Mike Goodwin completed his PhD in 1999 following an investigation of automated navigation systems for a disabled wheelchair user, and Ian Stott competed his PhD in 2002 following an investigation of automated navigation systems for a disabled wheelchair user. Both were directed by DA Sanders.