The University project investigated sensor-based ambient intelligence systems and attempted to apply them to improving energy efficiency.
Artificial intelligence tools for sensor systems were considered along with ambient intelligence for improving manufacturing and energy efficiency.
The way that decisions are made was considered (especially for saving energy and for Compressed Air Systems), specifically using Ambient Intelligence and AI.
As part of this project, Dr David Robinson joined the University on an academic sabbatical from Cutting Tools Ltd.
A University project to investigate the use of artificial intelligence and sensor systems for energy saving applications.
- Sensor-based ambient intelligence systems for improving energy efficiency.
- Artificial intelligence tools for sensor systems.
- Ambient intelligence for improving manufacturing and energy efficiency.
- Decision making systems for saving energy.
- Energy saving systems for Compressed Air Systems using Ambient Intelligence and AI.
|Short title||AI for energy|
|Effective start/end date||21/06/14 → 3/04/17|
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This project contributes towards the following SDG(s):