Enhancing Cultural Understanding of Transnational Latin American Screen Cultures
Impact: Educational Impacts (beyond UoP), Cultural & Creative Impacts
Description of impact
1) Contribution to the cultural understanding of the transnational filmmaking of the three best known transnational Mexican directors: Alfonso Cuarón, Guillermo del Toro and Alejandro González Iñárritu. As a result of the work in the only monograph dedicated to these influential filmmakers Professor Shaw has been widely interviewed and cited in the International media in relation to the directors.
2) Theoretical framing of transnational cinema broadly adopted in text books explaining the field
3) Contributing to educational and public discourses on Latin American and Latino/a cultures.
Who is affected
General public; senior school teachers and pupils; students
see Impact case study template
Category of impact
- Educational Impacts (beyond UoP)
- Cultural & Creative Impacts