Faculty of Science & Health
Organisational unit: Faculty
- Centre for Applied Geoscience
- Centre for Comparative & Evolutionary Psychology
- Centre for Enzyme Innovation
- Centre for Situated Action & Communication
- Department of Psychology
- Institute of Biomedical & Biomolecular Sciences
- International Centre for Research in Forensic Psychology
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Health & Care Professions
- School of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences
- School of Sport, Health & Exercise Science
- School of the Environment, Geography & Geosciences
- University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
We have a reputation for excellence in both research and teaching.
About the Faculty
As a member of the Faculty of Science and Health you will be offered many opportunities. We have close working relationships with many industrial and professional employers, which will prepare you for a career within the science field and beyond. Mature students, and those with non-standard qualifications, are particularly welcome to apply to study science at Portsmouth. As the biggest faculty in the University, we have a variety of departments that cover the broad enterprise of science. Each features top-of-the-range facilities, international researchers and knowledgeable staff to help students achieve the best qualifications possible and advance their understanding of the world around us.
The breadth of subject areas within the Faculty of Science and Health is reflected in its research programmes. Researchers are working on projects as diverse as the truthfulness of witness statements, the corrosion of steel piling, the study of volvanic rocks and the on-going effects of the nuclear disaster on Fukushima. Patents have been filed for anti-cancer drugs and drug delivery systems, and in another laboratory the atom-by-atom structures of protein molecules are being determined using nuclear magnetic resonance methods.
News from Faculty of Science and Health
See recent news and updates from around the faculty on our Science Faculty website.