Strategy Enterprise and Innovation
Organisational unit: Subject Group
The Strategy Enterprise and Innovation Subject Group delivers world-class research and knowledge transfer. Our researcher is published in some of the world’s top journals. We work with many firms in industries where our research helps to improve their performance. Our interdisciplinary approach provides world-leading expertise on innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability. We also play a key role in supporting innovative and entrepreneurial activity within the Faculty of Business and Law, the University and wider economies. Our research activities are led by four renowned Professors in their fields: Martina Battisti, David Pickernell, Paul Trott and Diego Vasquez-Brust.
Examples of current research
Product Innovation Research Group
The Product Innovation Research Group brings together the exceptional skills set and expertise of a multidisciplinary group of researchers from the University of Portsmouth Faculty of Business and Law. The group undertakes applied research with industry to help improve their innovation activities and performance. The group is currently working with firms in the food industry to improve their product and process innovation performance. Find out more.
Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development Research Group (SEED)
The Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development Research Group provides a platform for interdisciplinary and collaborative research in areas related to small business, entrepreneurship and enterprise development. We undertake, support and disseminate research that contributes to advancing small business and entrepreneurship in the UK and internationally. By facilitating links between academia, business and the public sector we also contribute to the thriving regional entrepreneurial ecosystem. Find out more.
We have a thriving postgraduate research programme where PhD researchers conduct independent and original research on a chosen topic, working closely with a supervisory team that provides guidance and advice.
We offer a range of self-funded PhD opportunities that are closely aligned with the expertise of the subject group. Currently available topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Industrial innovation within the UK packaged food industry
- Adoption of new technologies within the food supply chain
- The relationship between product and service innovation in process industries
- New service development in the UK retail sector
- How small food producers get their products adopted by UK retailers
- How Crowd sourcing can facilitate the innovation process
- The role of the enterprising University for resilient SME growth
- The role of dynamic capabilities in building resilient SME's
- The role of opportunities in social entrepreneurship and social innovation
- The role of incubators, accelerators and other ecosystem partners for startups and nascent entrepreneurs
Sustainable innovations in the public sector: exploration of long-term success factors (Dr Chris Simms)
For more information, please contact Dr Andreas Hoecht.
- Phone: +44 (0)23 9284 4060
- Email: email@example.com