Mr Andrew Stewart, OBE
Senior Teaching Fellow
I am a strong leader who enjoys lecturing, with considerable experience at board level with a record of delivering at the strategic, operational and tactical levels. Awarded an OBE in the 2011 New Year Honours list as a result of Human Resource Management and Leadership achievements whilst serving with the Royal Navy. Offers valuable experience in the positive and imaginative management of change. In my most recent appointments, I have been responsible for:
- Leading and managing in a wide variety of circumstances
- Management substantial budgets
- Communicating effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Assessing priorities for action, maintaining focus and momentum
- Creating enthusiastic teams
- Identifying and developing individual talent
I have travelled extensively and gained much practical experience in leading, managing and teaching people of all ages in both national and multinational environments; this has included living in Hong Kong and working for the United Nations Peace Keeping in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
I was appointed by the Vice Chancellor in 2013, to be the University of Portsmouth representative on the Military Education Committee.
I am currently studying as a doctoral student on the EdD programme, current thesis title A phenomenological approach into differing conceptions of leadership education and development within Higher Education.
Leadership and management