Dr Chris Dewdney
Reader in Theoretical Physics
- 1994 - Reader in Theoretical Physics. University of Portsmouth
- 1986 - 1994 Senior Lecturer in Physics. University of Portsmouth.
- 1984 - 1986 Royal Society European Exchange Fellow in Foundations of Physics, Institut Henri Poincare. University Paris VI.
- 1978 - 1984 Lecturer in Science. The London Institute.
- Foundations of Quantum Mechanics: Further investigation and development of the approach to quantum mechanics developed by Louis de Broglie and David Bohm
- Higher Physics Education Research
- Physics of Environmental Processes
My early pioneering work in foundations of quantum theory continues to have a global impact. I was the first to apply the de Broglie-Bohm quantum theory to carry out detailed calculations through computer simulation of the well-defined motions of individual quantum systems. I made innovative use of early computer generated movie technology to present animations of particle motions during interference, measurement. Working at the Institut Henri Poincare (Paris), I extended the work to cover spin and non-local EPR correlations. Since being at Portsmouth I have developed the de Broglie-Bohm approach to quantum fields and field- matter interactions. Most recently my work has been in developing a covariant approach to overcome the conflict between nonlocality and relativity.