Mr David Smith
I am currently Associate Dean, Innovation and Business Engagement. This role involves:
- The leadership, co-ordination, development and stimulation of sustainable innovation and business development activity;
- The strategic development, financial appraisal and operational management of innovation and business development activity;
- The development and maintenance of extensive internal and external networks;
- Academic leadership for the Business Services and Research support team;
- Liaison with University Research and Innovation Services, other central services and Faculties.
Previous roles have included:
- Subject Group Leader, Strategy, Enterprise and Risk
- Business Development Director
- MBA Programmes Director
- Subject Group Leader, Strategy and Operations
- Course Leader, Executive MBA
Exit Strategies and Strategic Alliances.
Research/applied research work on Strategy, Business Development and Exit Strategices, supported valuable input to MBA strategy teaching and to supervision of MBA consultancy and research projects.
Non-Executive Director and consultancy experience brings a range of senior management issues into my teaching, and to discuss how organisations are approaching these issues.
Consultancy and previous business management experience also support a more holistic perspective to MBA teaching, and to make an effective contribution to the integrative units.