Mr Greg Bailey
I found architecture somewhat later than most, following a life of varied occupations including Classic Car Restoration, Strain Engineering, Oil Industry trouble-shooting in Africa, running a Pottery and retailing garden stonework and furniture. I studied at Portsmouth School of Architecture and the Technische Universitat in Vienna. I’ve been in practice on the Isle of Wight since qualifying. I’ve been teaching formally at Portsmouth since 2006 and occasionally in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
My specialisms/enthusiasms include:
- Social responsibility of architects
- The spiritual in architecture
- Learning as a three-way process
- Hand drawing
- Deconstructed thinking and handmade building
- Travelling – preferably by camper van
My research focus is on housing, especially social. I am currently experimenting with MArch 1+2 studio based collaborative format.