Jinan Mehdi Mohammed
UK Address: 22 Brunswick House, Queen Street, PO1 3GB, Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Home Address: P.O.Box 3040, PC 112 Ruwi - Sultanate of Oman
Oman Mobile: +968 922 33 224 UK Mobile: +44 787844 9393
Working in business academic field, MSc. in International Accounting and Finance with a strong educational record and professional achievement. Cross-culturally sensitive and able to provide strong hands-on leadership and motivation to large in-house teams.
2019 PhD student (United Kingdom – University of Portsmouth)
2008 Masters of Science in International Accounting and Finance (United Kingdom – University of Stirling)
2007 Bachelors of Science in Accounting (Sultanate of Oman - SultanQaboosUniversity)
2002 Secondary School Certificate (Sultanate of Oman-RuwiSecondary School)
- Ministry of Manpower
Seconded Senior Lecturer – General Directorate of Technological Education
September 2013 - Present
- Preparing periodic reports of the technological education performance.
- Following-up committees work and implementation of the projects according to the duties assigned.
- Work with the Finance Committee to review the technical colleges' plans for events and programs during the academic year.
- Analysis of topics related to the financial and accounting aspects and advising committees and teams according to the results.
- Coordinating with the overseas universities and preparing the terms of cooperative programs.
- Writing press articles about the Technological Colleges activities and accomplishments within the academic year.
- Coordinating with the official media channels (Radio and Television) in the Sultanate to highlight Technological Colleges events and achievements.
- Working with the Directorate's teams in following up the daily received reports and providing the feedback required before the deadlines, such as the draft National Qualifications Framework, subjects of the General Secretariat of the Education Council.
Lecturer in Business Studies Department- Higher College of Technology
March 2007 - Present
- Carrying out the duties of teaching and student counseling to the best of their abilities.
- Implementing the tasks of the academic advisor, including assisting the student in specifying the objectives of his/her study program, and providing the information needed for various academic
activities, as well as supervising student research and practical training.
- Participating in college committees, academic and administrative affairs, and development of the community.
- Working towards boosting academic spirit among students.
- Conducting and publishing research and studies in scientific periodicals or journals.
- Financial Management, Intermediate Accounting, Corporate Governance, Business mathematics, Job search techniques, Corporate accounting, Formal logic.
- Public Authority for Radio and Television
Programs presenter in Oman Radio and Television – part time
January 2006 – Present
- Preparing and presenting on air programs in several fields (Social, Commerce)
- Performing as an actor in many radio series.
- Master of Ceremony in several occasions for many governmental and Private sector
- Radio: Sabah Said, Amanina, Masa Alward, Sotoor, ... ect.
- TV: Masa Al-kair, Sabah Wa Masa, Ektar Raqamak,... ect.
- Events: Masyoon from Bank Muscat, Al-Fulaj in Barka, Ministry of Tourism events, World cup for beach hand ball 2012, Ministry of Sports Affairs, Oman Oil Company... ect.
- Dar Al-Manaqib for Auditing
Trainee - Summer Internship
June 2003 - January 2007
- Meeting customers to collect the data needed by the auditors of the company.
- Reviewing customer’s financial statements in order to be audited.
- Preparing debt collection statements and receivables.
- Filling company documents.
- Al- Maha Petroleum Products Marketing Company S.A.O.G.
Trainee in Finance Department
June – August 2006
- Recording daily fuels accounts using specific computer program for data collection called TIMICS.
- Following- up Fuels records for Reconciliation and writing daily reports.
- Issuing forms for the accounts which are paid, received.
- Filing company documents.
Published a paper in Managerial Auditing Journal, Issue 5, No. 24 (2009) called "Disclosure and Dividend Signalling when Sustained Earnings Growth Declines" P.P 445 – 454.
Achieving media proficiency award in preparing Sultanate of Oman radio programs in 2011.
2017 Republic of India - "Government Accounting and Financial Management".
2015 Sultanate of Oman - "Statistical Analysis SPSS".
2013 Sultanate of Oman - "Leadership Skills".
2009 Egypt - "Skills needed by radio and television MC".
2009 Sultanate of Oman - "The definition of the ILO and its functions and activities organized by WTO".
2018 Seminars on: “Developing and sustaining a professional Learning Community” organized by Qatar Education Exhibition – Qatar.
2016 Seminar on: “Managing for Success” organized by the College of Banking and Finance – Sultanate of Oman.
2016 Workshop on: “Organizational Assessment and Evaluation” organized by the International Center for Innovation in Education – Sultanate of Oman.
2016 Workshop on: “Improve skills of Vocational Training Centers” organized by Ministry of Manpower – Sultanate of Oman.
2015 Workshop on: “Entrepreneurship and Feasibility Study and Financial Analysis" organized by Ministry of Manpower – Sultanate of Oman.
LANGUAGES Arabic (Native); English (Very good); Urdo and Farsi (Good in Speaking)
COMPUTER SKILLS Microsoft Office Applications and SPSS; Oracle Applications (esp. Oracle Registration)
AFFILIATIONS Member in Oman Film and Theater Society
- Professor Khaled Hussainey, Professor of Accounting and Financial Management, University of Portsmouth, Richmond Building Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3DE, Tel: +44 (0) 7727190105, E-mail: email@example.com.
- Dr. Abdul Hakim Al-Ismaili, Manager, Ministry of Manpower, P.O. Box 1923 P.C. 111, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, Tel: + (968) 99461611, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Accounting Disclosure
- Corporate Governance