Dr Thamo Sutharssan
- Prognostics and health monitoring of electrical/mechanical systems
- Reliability and sustainability
- Mathematical modelling and machine Learning
- Fuel cells and combined heat and power system (CHP)
- Microcontroller programming and system integrations
- Mechatronics, robotics, and artificial intelligent (AI)
I am a Teaching Fellow in control system and programming. Prior to University of Portsmouth, I taught at Higher Education Centre, Havering College, Derby College, University of Hertfordshire and University of Greenwich.
I worked on a KTP project to develop a Balance of Plant of CHP (Combined Heat and Power) system with the University of Hertfordshire’s School of Engineering and Technology. I was responsible for design, system integration and produce demonstrator of PEM fuel cell system. I worked as Research Fellow at the University of Greenwich and was working on a collaborative project with Heriot-Watt University for Scottish and Southern Energy. I have experience in project management and consultancy managed many different projects related to building services and automation. I have published 5 peer review journal papers and three conference papers.
I am a Chartered Electrical and Electronic Engineer and Member of Institute of Engineering and Technology since 2001. I am a member and reviewer of Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) Society since 2010 and review manager for annual conferences of the PHM Society since 2014.