Dr Wendy Sims-Schouten
Reader in Childhood Studies
Wendy is a Reader (Associate Professor) in Childhood Studies, and has a BA (Hons) in Child Psychology from the Free University of Amsterdam, as well as a Masters in Social Research and PhD in Psychology from the University of Bath. She has researched (and published) in the areas of bullying, childhood obesity, care leavers, as well as female employment and early years care and education. Currently, she is working with local partners as well as academics nationally and internationally on research around safeguarding and mental health in childhood and education. Wendy has received funding from local charities and the Wellcome Trust. In addition to this she is co-editor for the international and interdisciplinary journal Children & Society.
- Mental Health in Childhood - drawing on historic archives and children’s case files from the Children’ Society; funded by the Wellcome Trust.
- Care leavers and mental health and wellbeing
- Signs of Safety and Safeguarding in England and the Netherlands.
- Perceptions of Bullying (early years - secondary school).
- Mental Health literacy in HE.