Dr Wendy Sims-Schouten
Associate Head (Research), Reader in Childhood Studies
I am a Reader (Associate Professor) in Childhood Studies, and have a BA (Hons) in Child Psychology from the Free University of Amsterdam, as well as a Masters in Social Research and PhD in Psychology from the University of Bath. I have researched (and published) in the areas of bullying, childhood obesity and care leavers, as well as female employment and early years care and education. Currently, I am working with local partners as well as academics nationally and internationally on research around safeguarding and mental health in childhood and education.
I have received funding from local charities and the Wellcome Trust. In addition to this I am co-editor for the international and interdisciplinary journal Children & Society.
- Mental Health in Childhood - drawing on historic archives and children’s case files from the Children’ Society; funded by the Wellcome Trust.
- Care leavers and mental health and wellbeing
- Signs of Safety and Safeguarding in England and the Netherlands.
- Perceptions of Bullying (early years - secondary school).
- Mental Health literacy in HE.