Dr Zhong Yi Zhang
I am a principal lecturer and MSc course leader in the School of Engineering at University of Portsmouth. I hold a BSc and MSc degrees in Polymer Science and Engineering from Sichuan University, PR China, and PhD degree in Polymer Composites from Loughborough University, United Kingdom.
I am the leader of the Advanced Polymer and Composites (APC) Research Group. I am active in research and consultancy in polymer and composite materials. My academic interests involve characterisation, analysis, identification, selection, formulation, manufacturing, design, rapid prototyping, testing, structural integrity evaluation, and applications of polymers, thermoplastics, thermosets, adhesives coatings, elastomers, polymer composite, nanocomposites and other advanced materials using a wide range of state-of-the-art facilities and software packages.
- Characterisation and Evaluation of Polymer Durability and Degradation
- Development of Water/Moisture Repellent and Energy Saving Coating for Building Materials
- Development of Electrically and Thermally Conductive Composites for Fuel Cell Applications
- Development and Evaluation of Novel Nano Gel Coat Systems with Improved Anti-blistering
- Development and Characterisation of Natural Fibre Reinforced Eco-Composites