Ways of modelling engineering processes (First research Project)
This PCFC Project investigated new ways of modelling images in real time using spheres and simple polyhedra and then applied the results to real time flight simulator applications. Finally, a transputer-based laser scanning system was created and some new image modelling methods were introduced for real time manufacturing applications.
The research investigated new ways of laser scanning and of modelling images in real time.
- New ways of modelling images in real time using spheres and simple polyhedra were demonstrated.
- Geometric modelling was introduced for real time flight simulator applications.
- A transputer based laser scanning system was created.
- Image modelling was demonstrated for real time manufacturing applications using 2-D slices in joint space and simple polyhedra.
- Pattern recognition was achieved using Fourier descriptors and neural networks.
- On line glue bead profile measurement was achieved using a transputer based vision system.
- A new robot vision system was created.
-Automatic adjustment of adhesive dispensing was achieved using a transputer based vision system.
- New architectures for image and signal processing were created.
- Real-time geometric modelling was achieved using models in an actuator space and cartesian space'.
|Short title||Engineering modelling 1|
|Effective start/end date||6/03/90 → 13/01/94|